Saturday, August 2, 2008

July 28 meeting

It's early I know, but I hope this proves useful in the long run. I've been laid up with a nasty pinched nerve in my back and haven't been able to do much here recently. I've made some additions to the links and calendar on the right side. Please leave comments, or shoot an email to let me know what you think.

Last Monday at our meeting we had an array of good things going on. We had two boys advance to their next rank! D earned his First Class Scout rank and G earned his Second Class Scout rank. Congratulations to both of you!

We began the meeting by reviewing canoeing techniques. Mr. F. had the boys sit in chairs positioned as the seats in a canoe and had them work on different strokes for maneuvering. I think the boys now have a little bit better understanding of what to do the next time we are on the water. Which by the way is on Sunday, August 10 for our next practice session at Lake Natoma.

After this practice session and while the Boards of Review were going on, we had the boys that have already earned their Fireman Chit teach those boys that don't have it. At our next meeting we should have three more scouts prepared to start, maintain, and douse a fire.

That's all for now.

No comments: