Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sept. 8 meeting

Good meeting tonight. Some of the boys finished going through the new tents and selected the ones they would like to use at our next outing while the rest worked on their patrol flags for the new patrol that was formed a couple months back. We have a camp menu and a plan for the next couple of meetings to work on things for Camporee. Excellent work.

We also had our monthly committee meeting. I was unable to attend, but I didn't hear anything negative, so we'll let it go at that. I missed the committee meeting because I was at the committee meeting for our Chartered Organization, the Retired Sergeants Association. The Chartered Organization is the group that allows our Troop to exist.

I went over there to introduce myself and ask them to help us out with donations for new gear. They agreed to help and I will be putting together a list of items we would like to have to deliver to them.

I also informed them that we are available to help out at any functions they may have. Similar to the things we do with the VFW post. Look forward to some more opportunities for community service down the road.

That's all for now. See you next week.

No comments: